This week’s Handicraft/Life skills Spotlight:
This week’s Handicraft/ Life Skills Challenge:
Bake something to give away (to someone NOT in your family)
Remember your first experiences in the kitchen? Maybe you helped your mother measure sugar for a cake, or stirred that big wooden spoon until your little arm ached. (Maybe you just licked the beaters!) The warmth, the aromas, and the teamwork all fused into lasting, loving memories.
Now you can re-create those happy moments with your own children, grandchildren, or nieces and nephews. Baking with children is a wonderful way to teach, share, and connect. And when you’re finished, you can have dessert!
Krazy Kids recipes from Nestle
Top 10 Baking with Children @ About.com
Baking with Kids @ Food Network
Who can you give your baked goods to?
A Homeless Shelter
Senior Citizens @ your church
Please share your story and recipe at McKLinky below, in the comment section or by e-mail.
Last week’s Spotlight & Challenge (Original Post)
Here is part of our project from last week:
Supplies needed: Camera, Computer, Printer, Card Stock, Scissors, Glue, Magnets
(we use Magnet Strips from Walmart) & we go to a School Box Store to get items
I decided to keep it simple so we are making magnets. It’s a very simple and inexpensive gift, it has a recent picture of the boys on it and it was made by our own little hands & minds so I think the receiver will enjoy it. We still have steps 5-9 to go but that will all be done in the next day or two.
1. Take or Pick a Picture
2. Do a little touch up to the photo with a program like paint shop, to add a personal note, etc. (Click on pics to enlarge)
3. Print out the size and quantity needed
4. Cut out Pics
5. Paste onto colored cardstock
6. Type or copy and past from Bible Gateway a bible verse
7. Print out the number of verses you need
8. Cut them out and glue them onto your cardstock and pic
10. Stick Magnet on back (or print pics out on magnet paper and you can eliminate this step)
11. Wrap it or put in gift bag or in a decorative envelope
12. Give it away!!
Don’t forget you can share your result’s of this week’s or last weeks challenge or just share about any type of handicraft or life skill you are working on at home!!
Powered by MckLinky
Click here to enter your link and view the entire list of entered links…