By far the BEST New Years Resolution for a child of GOD (YAHWEH) is to attain or maintain our Spiritual fitness!!
8for bodily discipline is only of little profit, but godliness is profitable for all things, since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.~~1 Timothy 4
24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. 25 Everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. 26 Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim; I box in such a way, as not beating the air; 27 but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified. ~~1 Corinthians 9
So how can we on a day-to-day basis attain or maintain Spiritual fitness?
The simplest and I think the best answer is to choose to daily ABIDE with HIM!!! There are many ways to ABIDE with HIM, and below I will give an over-view of some of the ways we can daily ABIDE with HIM!!
Abide in me, and I in you….. –John 15
A. ABIDE with HIM: Daily communicate with your heavenly FATHER in JESUS name
- Start a Gratitude journal. List at least 3 things each day for which you are thankful.
- to draw to HIM those that do not belong to HIM
- to use you and ALL those that belong to HIM to love on others
- to give you and ALL those that belong to HIM understanding
- to equip you and ALL those that belong to HIME
- to direct the steps of you and ALL those that belong to HIM
- to examine and change what may need to be changed in you and ALL those that belong to HIM
- to give you and ALL those that belong to HIM boldness to share HIM
REPENT OF YOUR SINS
LISTEN TO HIM
EXPECT HIM TO HEAR YOU
BELIEVE HIM FOR IT ALL
B. ABIDE with HIM: Daily dig into HIS Word! Choose HIS word before you choose a book that is about HIM and HIS word. It is always best to start with the real thing!
Behold, I long for Your precepts; in Your righteousness give me renewed life.~~Psalm 119:40
3. ABIDE with HIM: Honor HIM with your actions, thoughts, parenting, relationships, hobbies, work, school, spare time, in interaction with people you know and those you don’t, and in what you choose as entertainment.
- Ways to Feed your Spirit
4. ABIDE with HIM: OBEY HIM
- HIS word says If we love HIM we will Obey HIS commands
5. ABIDE with HIM: DO everything as unto the LORD! Remember life is about HIM, about you and HIM together, and about you sharing HIM!
A friend of mine posted this as her face book status on 12/31/12 and I thought it was PERFECT for this blog post………
We have not stopped praying for you since the first day we heard about you. In fact, we always pray that God will show you everything he wants you to do and that you may have all the wisdom and understanding his Spirit gives. ~~~Colossians 1
I thought this was a good verse to share going into a new year. What more could we desire but God’s will for our life!
I will leave you with the reminder that ABIDING with HIM is all about a relationship with the Heavenly FATHER through HIS SON JESUS CHRIST not about a check-list. When we ABIDE with HIM, HE will bless us with HIS presence which is The ONE THING we need to seek with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength. When we do this the rest will follow!!!
More post that might encourage you:
Ann @ Holy Experience asked us to prayerfully consider: Naming the New Year. What’s your word for 2011? What your theme for the New Year? We look forward to your thoughts, stories, ideas…. My word for 2011 is …………………. LIVE as in TO LIVE is CHRIST!! This is in keeping with my own eager desire and … Continue reading »
to be conformed more and more into the image of CHRIST!! A new season may bring beauty, joy, and all kinds of wonders that our flesh and even our spirit enjoys, but it can also bring physical, emotional and spiritually sickness, pain, grief, loss, sorrow, and all sorts of other difficulties. Yet, it is through …Continue reading »