Jesus…….Christ……..Son of God……Prince of Peace…….Messiah……..God with Us …….. Yeshua……..Savior……Lamb of God……..Friend!! This man, this God, this being that loved, lived and died to be raised again so that I may love, live and NOT die. I want to KNOW, UNDERSTAND and LIVE what HE said, what HE lived!! So I am digging in the Gospels starting with John, I am taking notice and keeping track of what He said because that tells me how He lived, who He is, it reveals His Father and it shows me how to live!!
Do you really know what all your Savior said, and how he truly lived? Journey with me, let us really “HEAR” Him so we can really “SEE” Him!!
His Exact Words: (my words in blue)
John 5: 6 When Jesus saw him lying there, and knew that he had already been a long time in that condition, He *said to him, “Do you wish to get well?” 7 The sick man answered Him, “Sir, I have no man to put me into the pool when (D)the water is stirred up, but while I am coming, another steps down before me.” 8 Jesus *said to him, “(E)Get up, pick up your pallet and walk.” 9 Immediately the man became well, and picked up his pallet and began to walk.
John 5:4 Afterward Jesus *found him in the temple and said to him, “Behold, you have become well; do not (I)sin anymore, (J)so that nothing worse happens to you.” 15 The man went away, and told (K)the Jews that it was Jesus who had made him well. 16 For this reason (L)the Jews were persecuting Jesus, because He was doing these things on the Sabbath. 17 But He answered them, “My Father is working until now, and I Myself am working.”
1. Jesus KNEW this mans situation, He KNEW what the mans answer would be before He even ask the man if He wanted to get well. After Jesus listened to the man He then told him what to do and the man obeyed and was healed.
2. When Jesus saw the man again He told him to stop sinning, so that nothing worse will happen to him. I have no doubt that this message is for all of us; we are to stop sinning, choosing to continue to sin can and will have consequences.
John 5:19 Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, (P)the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever [e]the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner. 20 (Q)For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself is doing; and the Father will show Him (R)greater works than these, so that you will marvel. 21 For just as the Father raises the dead and (S)gives them life, even so (T)the Son also gives life to whom He wishes. 22 For not even the Father judges anyone, but (U)He has given all judgment to the Son, 23 so that all will honor the Son even as they honor the Father. (V)He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.
3. Jesus and the Father are one, Jesus never goes off on His own and does his own thing. He will always only do what His Father wants Him to do. When we honor Jesus, we honor the father. If we do not honor Jesus we do not honor the Father. The Father loves the son and the son loves the Father.
4. Here Jesus is saying if we believe in what he says and believes in His Father which is the one that sent Him, will have eternal life and will not receive judgment of death.
John 5; 25 Truly, truly, I say to you, (Z)an hour is coming and now is, when (AA)the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who (AB)hear will live. 26 For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He (AC)gave to the Son also to have life in Himself; 27 and He gave Him authority to (AD)execute judgment, because He is [f]the Son of Man. 28 Do not marvel at this; for (AE)an hour is coming, in which (AF)all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29 and will come forth; (AG)those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.
5. All the dead will hear the voice of Jesus and will experience something; the righteous will receive resurrection life and the unrighteous will receive judgment.
John 5:33 You have sent to John, and he (AM)has testified to the truth. 34 But (AN)the testimony which I receive is not from man, but I say these things so that you may be saved. 35 He was (AO)the lamp that was burning and was shining and you (AP)were willing to rejoice for [h]a while in his light.
John 5: 36 But the testimony which I have is greater than the testimony of John; for (AQ)the works which the Father has given Me (AR)to accomplish—the very works that I do—testify about Me, that the Father (AS)has sent Me.
John 5: 37 And the Father who sent Me, (AT)He has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His form. 38 You do not have (AU)His word abiding in you, for you do not believe Him whom He (AV)sent.
6. Jesus is always about the Father’s business, it is never about Him but always about the Father. In turn the Father testifies of His son.
John 5: 39 [i](AW)You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is (AX)these that testify about Me; 40 and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life. 41 (AY)I do not receive glory from men; 42 but I know you, that you do not have the love of God in yourselves. 43 I have come in My Father’s name, and you do not receive Me; (AZ)if another comes in his own name, you will receive him. 44 How can you believe, when you (BA)receive [j]glory from one another and you do not seek (BB)the [k]glory that is from (BC)the one and only God? 45 Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father; the one who accuses you is (BD)Moses, in whom you have set your hope. 46 For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for (BE)he wrote about Me. 47 But (BF)if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”
7. Jesus laid it on the line, He said it like it was, again there was no sugar-coating what He wanted to say. Jesus plainly tells us that the Word doesn’t give us eternal life, it is Him that brings eternal life and the Word speaks of Him. He was saying that these people were not believing the words of Moses who they claimed as their father. He said to them they needed to seek God’s glory not man’s.
When JESUS walked this earth, HE was a man who was completely after GOD’s own heart!! HE was a SON who was completely in love with HIS FATHER!! I want to be just like HIM!!!