We started our day with a great Creation walk. We walked past our little garden to see how it is coming along. We were going to focus on Dandelions (based of the Outdoor Hour: Nature Close to Home Spring challenge but we got so caught up discovering wildflowers, trees, wild ferns, all kinds of critters that were in a creek and in a big mud puddle we came across, tad poles (we ended up taking some home with us), water striders, galls, some type of larva, tad pole egg sacs (clear slimy substance), two Hawks flying together, insects mating, funnel spiders and their webs and so much more. It was a wonderful day with my boys (until later in the day when it was time to finish what you would call regular school and they started whining and complaining!) Later in the day I read to them about tad poles and we all sketched in our Creation journals.
1. Sunflower blooms ………see the way the seed busted open and life came from within
1. ? 2. Beech Tree 3. Oldest trying to capture some kind of critter
1. Dead larva (kind?) 2. tadpoles that just emerged and they are still in the slimy clear egg case
1. Water Strider 2. Two Tadpoles 3. ?
1. Insects Mating 2. crushed and broken animal bones that I think was left over from an animals scat
Trying to collect tadpoles
1. Preparing the tank for the tadpoles 2. The very first Redheaded Woodpecker I have seen in person ( we saw two of them flying around the driving range we were at later that day)
Our very own strawberries, we are picking them a tad early in hopes to save them from the critters that kept getting to them before we could last year.